Show reviews that mention
furniture people service store payment money credit payments customer customer service
Filter review

Usa Discounters - Never again

this company was supposed to be for military. but the minute we missed a payment due to the army not paying us we received threatening phone calls and to a deployed soldier no less! even after explaining the situation and it truly wasn't our fault the ARMY had not paid us. I was advised it may be best to give back the merchandise. because we would be getting numerous late fees and on top of that the contract was not done right so we are paying more then we should. . NEVER AGAIN! to be harassed and threatened on top of a deployment and financial problems..is NOT worth going there.

Actually you were not married to him at the time you posted this, we were still married, and we got all the stuff together. He left me for you during his deployment.

He was commiting adultery as were you. According to the divorce we split half, This dates back to before you were even out of highschool.

So get your facts right. They are garnishing both of our wages.

My husband's ex-wife bought everything in their house while he was deployed in HIS name MIS-using a General POA. Now we are stuck with $12,000 in debt to USA Discounters.

She has ALL the furniture & electronics. They are taking my husband to court to garnish his wages.....We want to re-finance to afford the payments, but they will not work with us...BECAUSE he is military and they know they can get away with wage garnishment. It's guaranteed money. It's the most ridiculous SCAM out there.

MILITARY WIVES....DO NOT DO THIS TO YOUR SOLDIERS!!! This is not being a dutiful and responsible military wife!!!

Military Beware!!! SPread the word to anyone who will listen to NOT give these people business.

We need to ban together and try and put this company out of business for good. while I was deployed these *** took me to court in my absence and had a judgement entered to garnish 25% of my wages which is about $620!!!! They were rude, obnoxious and just plain ignorant but yet, they wanna claim they support the military.

As soon as I redeployed is when I found all of this out, thinking i'm coming home to reintegrate with my family but yet fighting a legal matter with these dummies...I had to cuss the mgr out, she was such an a**hole...They look at the military to suck their bank accounts DRY and ruin your military career. Ban them from your vocabulary!!!!

We paid our account off in full (present from the parents) and not even 2 weeks in they were charging us interest. Compounded daily, which they totally failed to mention in front of us.

We asked about interest, amount, sales tax...*anything* else we would need to know to pay it off.

And yet magically *** started to pile up.

To tell people they are *** and retards when whether you have bad credit or no credit is moronic. When you're down in a bad slump, I hope karma is kind to you.

You can't get threatening phone calls and be taken to court or charged these kinds of fees while your deployed. This entire entry can't even be TRUE.

In fact, there's a law out there that MOST financing companies will lower your interest rates to 2 and 3 percent while you're deployed.

Learn your rights and take responsibility for your actions. There are NO legal ramifications for missed payments while you are deployed.

Maybe next time you should be more cautious of who you give out a Power Of Attorney to and your password to mypay. Dunno, just sayin' For those that think you were overcharged, perhaps you should have researched your merchandise and compared prices.

For those that finance rims ...bigger laugh! For those that has *** poor credit because you refuse to pay your bills and then want to whine about how you've been mistreated and how they are now going to sue you for NOT paying again.. a bigger LAUGH. How about this?

This company does not solicit customers. That in order for you to do business with this company, you came to them to do business. They didn't cold call you, drag you into the store, make you pick out merchandise, twist your arm or threatened your life if you did not sign a contract. Sometimes, it takes a lot more commen sense than it does intellect, to read something before you sign it.

Still laughing at all these compliants. You people are all *** and retards.

:( The bs I'm putting up with this company is that I haven't seen the merchandise and I'm deployed. Someone opened the account in my name and now I'm getting the same threatening letters as most people.

On top of that they're taking the payments out of my account instead of the person that opened it. I'm truly PISSED THE F%@# OFF!!!

sarah

ur an ***, an allotment is set up

View more comments (7)
El Paso, Texas

Usa Discounters

They say they are here for military and government personnel but they are not. It took them 3 deliveries before they could get my furniture to me. The first time they said I was not on their manifest for delivery. The second time all my furniture was damaged and was undeliverable. The third time they delivered it but items were still missing.Finally on the fourth try the furniture was completely delivered. They don't care about military and government employees and if you are civilian please be cautious of this company. They are truly a rip-off! I am pissed.

:cry wahhhhh :grin

I bought furniture from them and I wish I hadn't. The payments were o.k., but when I got behind and I wanted to refinance, they gave me a hard time, but they let me.

So I refinanced I brought some items back in exchange for new items. Everything was good. I started to get behind in those payments and wanted help. They would not help.

So I asked them if they could take it back. Of course they said no! So 1 month later I received information from my job that my department was closing. I called to inform them that I would not be able to make the payments that they wanted me to make.

I asked them if there was another arrangement we could do. They said no! They would not take half the furniture beacuse I had an account with someone else but I took them off the refinance and she has the other pieces. So they would not help.

They just want there money and they do not offer any help. They are rude to me. They call my office and leave rude messages and I do not like USA DISCOUNTERS. I have plenty more to my story but just take this as a warning and listen to the other pissed off customers.

DON'T GO TO USA DISCOUNTERS.

You will be paying for there furniture for the rest of your life. :(

View more comments (1)
Hyattsville, Maryland
Loss

Usa Discounters - Over charges for items

I bought a computer from them. Total was around $3000 dollars. It was a Compaq Presario that I later found out was only about $458 at Office Depot. The monitor quit working. After 6 months of them not returning my calls, I called a different store who put me through on a direct line to Customer Service. They do not send replacements. They would give me a $450 credit for a entire new system. That would put me in debt again for $2500 and I am not willing to do it. I thought I had bought insurance with this system.

It appears Dana must work for US Discounters. Every post he/she writes is in their favor, whether it is poor customer service, not replacing broken merchandise etc.

Get a life Dana. What you say is of no consequence.

You should be doing your research before you make a large purchase. Why would you buy a computer without looking at competitive pricing, additional options, etc?

Any time you make a big ticket purchase you should research online EXACTLY what you want, and get a rough idea of what that would cost you. Check several stores, private home-based computer builders, online sellers (like e-bay and Amazon)... look around and do some leg work before making a purchase.

I would never buy electronics from USAD. Because we have been in the market for a desktop computer and I had a good idea of what we WANT (which they didn't have- their computers are base models that come with things you'll never use, and don't have things you'll really need) and how much it would cost us. USAD was significantly overpriced for their product, I can agree with that. But a little consumer descretion on your part would've saved you the headache.

Do your homework. This seems to be YOUR fault not theirs. Be glad they offered to compensate your mistake.

View more comments (2)
Seattle, Washington

Usa Discounters - Way overcharged me!

We bought furniture from them for $7000 and later found the same exact furniture for $378 at big lots. They are an awful company and if anyone if thinking about buying anything from them, I would definitely think twice about it. We had to pick furniture twice because the first set we picked was unavailable at the time. I really wouldnt recommed this company to anyone. They will rip you off and you will be paying them for many years to come. Go somewhere else and Im sure you will get a much better deal. Dont fall for the monthy payments, they are outrageous and after 2 months of paying for the furniture; we could have bought a set and been done with it.

I USED TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY AND I DO SEE A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PRICE. NOW HAVING BEEN ON THE INSIDE WITH THIS MERCHANT I CAN TELL YOU THAT THE PRICING YOU SEE AT OTHER BIG BOX STORES IS LESS DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY GET HUGE DISCOUNTS FROM THE MANUFACTURERS AS WHAT THEY ORDER FOR A STORE USA DISCOUNTERS ORDERS FOR THERE ENTIRE COMPANY SO LETS SAY YOU WANT TO PURCHASE A PC FROM HP AND THEY TELL YOU IT WILL RUN YOU 750 WELL THEY CALL HP AND GET THE PC FOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE SO AS TO MAKE A PROFIT AS ALL COMPANIES DO THEY HAVE A MARK UP OF ABOUT 2.5 ON THESE PRODUCTS WHICH IS MODEST COMPARED TO THE MARKUPS AT THE BIG BOX STORES I.E.

(BEST BUY, WALMART, KMART) NOW THEY ARE NOT OUT TO HURT PEOPLE BUT THEY DO NEED TO MAKE MONEY TO STAY IN BUSINESS. NOW AS THEY HAVE GROWN THEY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO LOWER PRICES AS THERE PURCHASING POWER HAS INCREASED THEY GET BETTER DEALS THEN THE CUSTOMER GETS A BETTER DEAL AS WELL. NOW AS FAR AS THE INTEREST RATES GO I AGREE THAT THEY CAN GET A LITTLE HIGH SO WHAT I WOULD SUGGEST IS THAT IF THEY OFFER YOU AN INTEREST RATE THAT IS TO HIGH IN YOUR OPINION THEN TAKE A SHORTER TERM AND GET A LOWER RATE THE RATE STRUCTURE DEPENDING ON STATE IS 5.99% FOR UP TO 6 MONTHS, 11.99% FOR UP TO 12 MONTHS, 15.99 FOR UP TO 15 MONTHS AND 24.99 FIR 15 MONTHS OR BETTER NOW FOR SOME STATES THERE IS A TIER BETWEEN THE 15.99% AND THE 24.99%. NOW IF YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENT IS TO HIGH AT THE LOWER TIME FRAME TRY TO GET YOUR SALES REP TO TALK TO THE FINACE DEPARTMENT TO GET YOU A BETTER RATE NOW SOMETIMES THIS WORKS BUT YOU HAVE ABOUT A 50/50 CHANCE TO GET A RATE REDUCTION.

NOW I AM SORRY TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAD A SALES REP THAT DID NOT LET YOU KNOW HOW EVERYTHING WORKED BUT I CAN SAY THAT WHEN I WORKED THERE WE MADE SURE THAT THE CUSTOMER UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING THAT THEY WHERE GETTING AND WHAT THEY WHERE GETTING INTO.

NOW REMEMBER THAT WHEN YOU FIANCE AN ITEM YOU WILL GENERALLY PAY 2-3 TIMES WHAT THE SALE PRICE IS JUST DUE TO COMPOUND INTEREST. SO MY SUGGESTION IS THAT IF YOU FIANCE ANYTHING TRY TO MAKE EXTRA PAYMENTS SO THAT YOU PAY ON THE PRINCIPAL NOT JUST THE INTEREST NOW WITH USA DISCOUNTERS IT WORKS THE SAME WAY SO LONG AS YOU STAY AHEAD YOU PAY OFF EARLY AND THE INTEREST IS NOT CHARGED OR IF YOU CAN PAY IT OFF EARLY AND ANY UNACRRUED INTEREST GOES AWAY.

TOPSECRET

BEWARE THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY THEN ACT LIKE THEY DONT KNOW WHY YOUR PAYMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN RECIEVED. THEY WILL OVER CHARGE SAY YOUR BEHIND CALL YOUR JOB 24/7 TELL PEOPLE YOUR BUUSINESS.

THREATIN TO GARNISH YOUR CHECK AND SEND YOU TO JAIL. THEY ARE DISRESPECTFUL AND THE SUPERVISORS ARE NO HELP. BEWARE OF MR.FREEMAN AND HIS SUPERVISOR ROBERT THEY ARE *** ARTIST AND WILL TAKE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE.

USA DISCOUNTERS IS OVER PRICED. THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN COMPLETLY

a friend of mine bouth a couch from there. nice couch of course but he is paying 160 a month for 2 years.

thats $3480. Saw the exact same couch at a furniture outlet for less than half, and they offered financing too. This pace is a total ripoff. Worse than car salesmen.

even their same as cash is way overpriced.

Save our money, be smart and buy all at once to save yourself thousands. there are plenty of other ways to re establish credit

#351989

*** USa Discounters!!!!!from 1500 LCD plasma becomes 6800???WTF???? That's wrong!!!DONT dEAL with this FUKERS!!!NEVER!!!!!EVER!!!! They will drain u slowly and add high charges slowly and then BOOM ur spinning on their *** finger!!'And don't believe this idiots commenting in how nice USA is they get paid for that sht!!!

Save up $500 to $1,000 and open up a secured credit card through a credit union (ex. $500 deposit = $500 credit line), make sure they report to all credit bureaus.

By the way, you can't go wrong with their interest rates. Only charge the amount that you can payoff by due date or make payments on time leaving your balance less than 15% of the credit line (ex. $1,000 credit line - $150 max balance). By the time you know it, in a few months your credit score will improve.

You have to make your payments on time for this to work. Hope this helps.

You have to make your payments on time for this to work. Hope this helps.

#242026

I really hate them

USA Discounters is a sh!tbag Company. The people there are a bunch of fast-talking , scheming , low-lifes.

It's a very dishonest company, Buyer - pleeeeeeeaassee BEWARE! High interest rates - and outright crooks!

#198757

REMEMBER FOLKS USAD IS FOR CONSUMERS W/BAD OR NO CREDIT SCORE. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A LARGE PURCHASE, U SHOULD SAVE YOUR MONEY OR USE LAY-A-WAY (SOME STORES STILL OFFER LAY-A-WAY). OTHERWISE ONLY PURCHASE SMALL ITEMS FROM USAD; THIS WAY YOU ONLY HAVE SMALL PYMTS AND U ESTABLISH YOUR CREDIT RATING AGAIN.

I saw their ad and thought it would give it a shot but i stopped my application and decided to do some checking first...SO happy I did...I think I will just save my money and buy my items one at a time like i was planning initially.

I think their name is misleading...i went to their site not bcus I have bad credit but bcus the name was USA Discounters and I thought I would be looking at discounted furniture and then i saw they offered financing and I thought...right on!!! They should probably change their name bcus it doesnt sound like they are discounters at all!

View more comments (36)
Fayetteville, North Carolina

Usa Discounters (rip our soliders off)

mark up 200-300 % charge 18-24 % int come on guys, just another rip off of our troops. late one day, they threatet to repo and call ur command, put on ur credit report. charge for dlivery when u pick it up. customer service is terrible, how does the military not put this place off limits, could it be because if you have rank you get a reduced int rate, and pricing as well. (is this legal) i think not, way to go serve your country return and get ripped off by usa discounters, we should all be so proud. what a good retailer
ID
#120056 Review #120056 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sanger, Texas